If you are a proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone or a Samsung Note 2 phone then we have found a way for you to unlock your phone for life without paying a single dime to anyone. Unlocking a phone means you will be able to use it anywhere in the world. You are no longer required to use only your carrier’s simcard. For instance, if you are in USA and you got your Samsung Galaxy phone, then you can only use an AT&T simcard with it. However, we have found a way to remove that limitation. You will be able to use whatever simcard you want to use with your phone. Even within USA you will be able to use T-Mobile or any other carrier’s simcard in your unlocked Samsung Galaxy phone. You will also be able to gift this phone to your friends abroad, they just need to add their own local simcard and this phone will work out of the box.
Disclaimer Before You Unlock Your Samsung Galaxy Note or Galaxy S3
Before we put this guide out, here is the disclaimer:
- We have tried this method and it worked fine. We cannot guarantee it will work on all phones out there.
- If something goes wrong with your phone or your number, we will not be responsible for it.
- Your carrier might void your phone’s warranty if that concerns you.
- This method was also posted on xda-developers forum last week, we do not think we stole from him/her or the other way but this is just a miraculous coincidence.
- The manufacturer might remove the key combination we are going to use and hence it might not be there with new batch of phones made after December 1st, 2012.
Free Samsung Galaxy Unlocking Guide
Having put the disclaimer out there, we have saved our butt from hated comments. Please know that things can go wrong as Murphy’s law prevails. However, because the same software behaves similarly, if you do not have a conflicting app on your phone you should be fine following the steps to unlock your Samsung Galaxy or Samsung Note phone.
Here are the much awaited steps to Unlocking Samsung Galaxy S3 or Samsung Note 2:
- Insert your foreign simcard – a simcard that does not belong to your carrier and hence will not work currently.
- Restart (ok, turn off and on) your phone with the foreign sim in it.
- Samsung Galaxy note or whatever you call the Samsung N7100 in your country can be unlocked. So is the case with Samsung N7105 and a bunch of other models that we are still uncovering. Open your dialpad and enter the following digits in order *#197328640#
- Main Menu >  UMTS >  Debug Screen >  Phone Control >  Network Lock > Options Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait for at least 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button, select back, which should have brought you in  Network Lock, then choose  NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ.
- Just to make sure you don’t make mistake reading and we did not make mistake typing and the computer did not make mistake displaying here is a worded equivalent of above sequence: Asterisk Pound One Nine Seven Three Two Eight Six Four Zero Pound. Some people call the Asterisk button the star button and the Pound button is also called the hash button simply because of the symbol they bear – no shit Sherlock.
This is it, your phone is now unlocked and can be used with any carrier in the world.
Unlocking other Models of Samsung Phones
It appears that this is the secret code that Samsung has had for a long time. Now that secret is out there might be other models that can be unlocked using this hack. You can try this on other models and if you are successful unlocking other samsung phones, leave a comment and we will update this post with that information.